THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, July 7, 2008

How the Baby Turned Into a Lady

How the Baby Turned Into a Lady

By Mary Manuel Mispeñas

IV - Abad Santos


Boisterous laughter, uncombed hair and a sweaty face after playing “step-in” at the school gym. That’s how I am before in elementary. I was really naughty way back then. I was, sort of, a boyish kind of girl who plays “takyan” with the boys and I was also a little funny in the head --- that’s what my classmates before usually say. I often get into trouble because of my carelessness and stupidity. I really can’t forget the time when I disobeyed a rule for going inside a forbidden room and spotted, much to my surprise, our school principal doing her thing in the C.R. it was so funny that I can’t help myself but laugh out loud and spill it to the whole section. I also don’t care on how I look before. I never get worried if I’m going to spill my chocolate drink over my pink uniform, I don’t care if they call me a witch because of my uncombed hair and I don’t care if they call me stupid because of my crazy schemes. All I want to think of is to laugh and play.


Now that I am in high school, things changed. The tables have turned for a girl who, once, boxed her boy classmate right in the face. I am more conscious now on how I look especially when I see my crush passes by. I act more girl than before and I think before I act. I am vain when it comes to my physical appearance and I love to be complimented.


I realize now that things don’t always stay the same. They keep on changing. Just like me. From a happy-go-lucky girl into a dainty, little lady. But there is still a small corner in my heart where those small things remain. And that will serve as a memento that I will forever cherish. ^.^


2 comments:

GaLsTeRs♀ said...

Mary, you've changed a lo. You really turned from a dormant baby-head to a stylish lady. Merci beaucoup! Translate it to english. It's in french. It means "thank You". Simple yet meaningful words to say, huh? "I love you" from
_________.

flack_13 said...

Hey gals!
Nice post for Mary, it is so touched with personal experiences and it helps a lot for us young people, especially ladies that nothing stays the same, they will change. Nice job

Charles E. Cabato
July 8,2008
8:34 PM